Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mountain Trips

                                                                          November 7, 2010
Life is too busy.  Is that an acceptable excuse?  I don't have a camera yet to take my own pictures of the things I want to talk about.  Whatever the reason, weeks have slipped by since my last entry.
         Husband and I spent several days in Cohutta Springs mid-October, making a day trip to Lake Conasauga in the Cohutta Wilderness Area and then another trip to Fort Mountain State Park.  We hiked up Grassy Mountain to its lookout tower and walked several nice short trails at Fort Mountain.  And what a treat to get to stay at the beautiful Cohutta Springs Conference Center, thanks to a friend.
         We camped 30+ years ago at Lake Conasauga.  I was a lot tougher back then.  It is the highest elevation Georgia campground.  Very beautiful and quiet there and quite a bone rattling drive in, about 45 minutes on a mountain dirt road. 
         Last weekend we were on Lookout Mountain at Cloudland Canyon State Park.  This weekend, gratefully, we were home when the first real cold air of the season blew in, complete with frost and freezing temperatures.  I'm still waiting for the gingko trees around home to turn to gold; so far they are all green. 
         I'll work on the pictures part of the blog but for now just want to get back to posting. 
            
            

No comments:

Post a Comment